Wind creates high waves and pushes the water onto shore. The water surge can be 30 feet high. That's as high as a 3-story building.
Storm surges cause most of the fatalities and damage. In addition to the storm surge, hurricanes bring rain. Lots of rain. In , a storm hammered Taiwan with inches of rain in only three days.
What Is a Hurricane? | Kids Discover Online
While they are essentially the same thing, the different names usually indicate where the storm took place. Tropical storms that form in the Atlantic or Northeast Pacific near the United States are called hurricanes, those that form near in the Northwest Pacific near Japan are called typhoons and those that form in the South Pacific or Indian oceans are called cyclones.
- Berufliche Ausbildung in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland: Formen der beruflichen Ausbildung, die Übergangsproblematik und Ansatzpunkte für Reformen (German Edition).
- Les caractères (dont «Les caractères» de Théophraste) (French Edition);
- MOST POPULAR.
- 11 Hurricane Facts for Kids.
- Thirty Something and Out of Control: An Erotic Story for Women?
- 2. Hurricanes Lose Power Over Land?
- Main navigation.
As well as violent winds and heavy rain, hurricanes can also create tornadoes , high waves and widespread flooding. The wind flow of hurricanes in the southern hemisphere is clockwise while the wind flow of hurricanes in the northern hemisphere is counterclockwise. The eye of a hurricane can be anywhere from 2 miles 3. Hurricane Facts For Kids Enjoy our fun hurricane facts for kids.
How a Hurricane Develops
Other names for a hurricane include cyclone, typhoon and tropical storm. Growing a Garden at Home.
English Yew. Tulip Facts. All about Lilies.
Dragon Blood Tree. Photosynthesis Worksheet and Quiz.
- Messages for Building Up New Believers (2) (The Collected Works of Watchman Nee Book 49)?
- Hurricane and Typhoon Facts for Kids.
- Variations on a Scottish theme - Piano?
- Hurricanes | Cool Kid Facts.
- Hurricane Facts for Kids?
All about Nectar. Structure of a Seed. Makemake - Dwarf Planet. Ceres Facts. Sombrero Galaxy.
What Is a Hurricane?
Black Eye Galaxy. Triangulum Galaxy.
Pluto Facts. Haumea - Dwarf Planet. Solar Eclipse.